CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, October 22, 2009

Kansas City 1/2 Marathon


Can't believe this race has come and gone. I was so happy Tyler was able to do this one too (although he's much faster than I). It was wonderful to know that the kids were safe back in the hotel with Grandma. Thank you again.

There were 4 of us girls that all trained together. I love having people to train with. Bree and I ran together, although at mile 11 I couldn't keep her pace so I had to finish the last 2 miles alone. It was one of the hilliest races I've ever done. No lie first 10 miles up hill. It was challenging.

I love sharing these moments with Tyler. You did awesome babe.
Tyler finished in 1:43.54
I finished in 1:59.34 (my goal was under 2 hours, I barely made it)
I am now ready to rest from training and enjoy some dessert. It was hard going on vacation right before a race and trying to be good with eating and training. Tyler and I have already finished off a whole package of oreos in 2 days :)




4 comments:

Melanie Chambers said...

Ah....the Smith's. Love you guys.

Megan said...

You guys (and all the girlies too) are awesome!

Bree said...

I had so much fun running with you! Thanks for pushing me. Are you excited for running in the winter here? Cause you know we are! And awesome job on keeping it under 2.

Pour Some Maple on Me said...

Congratulations! Can't wait to see you next month.