CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, September 13, 2009

My Wife is Fast

That's right! Aimee won her division at the NEMO Tri, in her triumphant return to triathlon. It's been a couple of years since she has raced (since before she got prego with Odee) so it was nice seeing her back in the habit of winning today. This makes it 3 podium finishes for Aimee and all 3 have been the top step. Actually 4 podium finishes if you count the 3rd place that her relay team took in last years Nemo Tri.
Here she is on the makeshift podium with the 2nd place girl (3rd place was not around for the awards ceremony, too embarrassed by the wooping she got I'm sure).
This is Aim with our friend Valerie who also won her division today. She is in the division just under Aim's so the competition between them is still friendly.....
It was nice racing with Aim again, it has been a while since we had done a race together. The feel of this race was so different from past races. First of all, we are in Missouri (DUH!). Second of all, no family to cheer us on, but plenty of good friends. Third, we didn't have to travel for this one. The tri was at the lake just 10 minutes from our house so it made for a relaxing race. Our friends did us the biggest favor and watched the kids during the race and then we hurried and went and picked them up after we finished and went back for awards (Thanks Warners, we owe you guys. 6:30 a.m. is not the most convenient babysitting time). Fourth, I felt a lil' gay parading around in little spandex in front of a lot of people I know (including classmates). Not sure why that mattered this time but it did. I guess it's just been a while since I squeezed into tri lycra. My cycling lycra is sooo much cooler and leaves more to the imagination.....or does it?

The kids and I didn't come away from this tri empty handed either. Jackson scored a bag of doritos form the post race luncheon, Olivia walked away with Aimee's half-full bike bottle and I came home with fatigue and sunburned "power allies". We're all winners. Congrats Aims.....you are an incredible mommy, wife and triathlete!

12 comments:

MOM & DAD said...

GOOD JOB AIMEE!!!! It is your favorite niece Lexee Kalikakis!!! Ilove you guys and miss you!!!! Kids are so CUTE!!! Where did odee get all that hair??

Val said...

Congrats, you are so awesome!!! I am so impressed, you give me something to strieve for:)

Tamara Jacobs said...

Aimee, you rock! seriously, i think it is so awesome that you do races and are so tough and healthy. not to mention beautiful and super fit!:) way to go on your first place!!! that's awesome that you guys were able to race together. loved the pics.

Megan said...

Aimee you are AMAZING!!! Good work, that is so awesome, wahoo!!

Jena said...

Way to go! Wish I were there. I haven't been swimming since I swam last with you. Yikes!

If you ever want to go to Oregon and bike the coast, count me in. That it would be the best trip ever.

Sarah said...

Of course you won--you are in awesome shape! Congrats!

Bree said...

Congrats Aimee! You really are so awesome. I love your enthusiasm to workout and be in shape.

Melanie Chambers said...

Way to go Aimee Smith!!!

Tiffany said...

Hooray! That's awesome Amiee!! Congrats on 1st place!

The Baldwin's said...

You are awesome Aimee! Congratulations, sure wish I could've been there to cheer you on, I'll bet it was such a beautiful day. AND 3 podium finishes, you are superwoman!

Bonnie said...

Wow!! That is so awesome!!! Great job!

geeno said...

You guys are our heroes - I feel cooler and more athletic just because I know you. Aimer way to get to the top of the podium, Tyler way to do a rockin blog post on the whole thing, not to mention perform well yourself.

(this is christine by the way)