CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, September 15, 2009

best surprise visit EVER!

I first have to start by saying thank you to my wonderful husband---it's nice to know someone is proud of you. Ty took 4th in his division, he did awesome. It was a great race and I'm happy I have someone to enjoy them with.

Now back to the surprise visit. My sweet sister-in-law Shante' (my lil bro's wife) made the exciting trip to Missouri to come see us (sorry sisters, shan is now at the top of my list. Come pay me a visit and you can work your way up). I'll have to back the story up a bit to the "surprise".

Last weekend we had an over nighter in St. Louis. We went with a couple other families. Went to a Cardinals game (very fun), ate good food and dessert and enjoyed some family time. Then I got the glorious call from Shan asking me if I could pick her up at the airport. I was so excited, jumping up and down, not quite believing she was serious, and filling Tyler in on the details (he of course had known for weeks). Surprises rule!

Here are a couple pics from the game.
Odee taking it all in.

J is always happy if popcorn is involved.


Shan has a great eye for decorating so she helped me give the kids room a lift.
BEFORE

DURING

AFTER
I'm so happy with it.

One of the days we drove to Jefferson City to watch a stage of the Tour of Missouri. It was awesome.


We spent a lot of time staying in our pj's, eating, exercising to work off all our eating, talking, laughing, crafting and taking family walks. Thanks again Shan for coming out, it was just what I needed. It's not easy to get to our little town, I truly appreciate it. Please come back again.
Love you!

4 comments:

kristin wise said...

Fun! I'm super jealous. Sure wish someone would come visit me. Maybe if I'm ever not moving. Anyway, the room looks sooo cute. Love the colors.

You are the best. Congrats on your win. Love you sis and see you soon. Oh, and those kids are so cute. Odee reminds me of Maisy. Busy, busy, busy!

Danika said...

Love that room! Congrats on the tri! I think if I tried one of those, I would probably drown.

geeno said...

What a fun week! It's amazing what some quality time with a sister can do for you mental well being - and your house apparently too. next time she comes to visit you should come hang out in bel's room for a while and see what she can do there :)

Jena said...

love the paint job!