CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, March 6, 2010

Finally!

Most of you are already aware of what Aimee has been through lately. We are happy to report that it seams like we are finally on our way to normal. After an ultrasound, x-ray, one lapraoscopic surgery, a CT scan, another ultrasound, a second laparoscopic surgery turned laparoectomy combined with ultrasound and fluoroscopy we finally got it. I present the world's most elusive IUD.


(my apologies to the squeamish) They found this little bastard tangled in the omentum so that's what the IUD is all covered in. Aim is pretty sore and still feeling a little tired. Here she is sleepy off an anesthesia hangover.



Thanks for all the well wishes and prayers and to everyone who has brought food and helped with the kids. The kids and I are doing our best to help Aimee recover. Now if we can just keep the kids and dog from jumping on Aimee as they try to cuddle her but she's just so cuddly.

14 comments:

Morgan said...

Well, I am ashamed to say that I had no idea what you all had been going through. We are in the dark, not being students, but I am so sorry! Glad that it has been taken care of, and hope that Amy gets better quick!

Sara said...

whew! what a traveler that IUD was! i am still baffled by it all (as i'm sure you are). so glad it's out! wish i were there to help.

xoxo

StephenEmily Stacey said...

So glad it's out! I'm glad that they found it this time.

Megan said...

Poor Aimee...so glad it's out!! Get well soon :)

The Shermans said...

Wow... Hope that doesn't happen to me ever. So sorry to hear about this. NO FUN! No more IUD's for you?? HA! Miss you!

geeno said...

it's a freakin miracle - sheesh and yay!

ps best profanity i've "heard" in a long time :)

lauramarie said...

get well soon! hope you have a quick recovery. let me know if i can somehow any way help! you are a rock star!

K.E.N said...

SICK! Just kidding, I love it. And I LOVE that picture of Aimee...beautiful.

Val said...

I am so sorry to hear that you've been through so much! I better go get my IUD taken out. I assume this means your thinking of having another adorable kido. I hope your feeling better soon:)

Five Point Restoration said...

gross, scary and painful.... those are the words in my head.

oh, and also love...
to both of you crazy kids.

Melanie Chambers said...

OH Aimee, Aimee, Aimee...
We are so glad you are on the mend.
Stupid IUD!

Amy Miller said...

So glad they found that crazy thing! I also LOVE the picture of you Aimee, you can see sleeping relief all over that face! I can't wait to have you back to kicking my butt in spin!

Jena said...

What? No way. That can happen? You poor dear. I hope you are feeling better. That really does not sound pleasant at all!

Jenny said...

I'm glad that you were able to get things taken care of. Rest up. Wish I was there to help.