CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, March 14, 2009

Small town = get crafty

So I have always wanted to learn how to sew, I guess there's no better time then now. Tyler got me a sewing machine for Christmas and I have some friends that are excellent sewers, so no excuses. We have started getting together every other week with a new project. Here is my first one---a blanket for Olivia. I also did a pillow case for Jackson but he's already in bed so no pic. Pretty easy projects but I've got to get my straight lines down first.

Last week we made these super cute pin cushions off of Heather Bailey's website. Now this was a bit more challenging for me, but I'm quit happy with it.

And this one I'm super excited about. Okay I didn't sew the guitar. For those of you that have known me for a long time know I use to play this all the time. But for some strange reason stopped about 10 years ago. I didn't even bring my guitar to Kville. My friend is an amazing guitar player and she happened to have an extra one here so I am borrowing it and she is going to teach me her mad skills. Tyler says we have to refer to it as a "jam session". I have been playing around on it the past week and even found my old guitar book with all my music. Most of it has come back to me but I need a lot of practice. It feels really good to play again and now I wonder why I ever stopped.

6 comments:

Tamara Jacobs said...

you are a natural crafter!! :) your pin cushion looks so cute...I need to get going on mine. and I LOVE the blanket, and I love that you are playing the guitar again. can't wait to JAM! enjoy your spring break:)!

Jer & Cort Smith said...

Yeah! I always knew you had it in you to sew. You just had to dig really deep to find it :). I am so happy you are starting to sew, be careful you can become addicted. Your blanket is so cute. I had no idea you played the guitar. I would love to take lessons some day.

Megan said...

It turned out sooo cute, love it. And the blanket is adorable. You're totally a natural.

Jenny said...

As I told you when I saw it, the blanket turned out awesome! And of course I think you have a great taste in fabric ;)

danny & shante said...

so does this mean I'll be receiving some home made gifts? ;0) miss ya

Danielle said...

cute stuff...don't you love living away for all the extra time you have? seriously!! crazy. I relearned the piano while we lived in IL and learned lots of other new stuff. way to go.