CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, January 26, 2011

34 Weeks

Wow! That belly is getting large. And unfortunately so is the rest of me---face, legs, arms, butt. Have I mentioned how much I love pregnancy! Good thing you get to have precious babies when this is all said and done. I'm having all sorts of side effects I never had with J and O, but I guess that is to be expected. Tyler now has to cut my toe nails and the kids help me put my shoes on, and I don't even want to know what my legs look like. And if I drop something food related on the floor you can bet I'm calling the dog over to clean it up.
I had an ultra sound this week and here are the stats---
Baby girl 4lbs 7oz
Baby boy 4lbs 3oz
So things are moving along smoothly. All is good and healthy, which we are very grateful for. My goal is to go naturally. I would love to avoid being induced or a c-section. My doctor is all for that plan. Although if I get past 36 weeks and these little ones still aren't here being induced is going to be very tempting. I feel like I would even do it now :)
Also, we FINALLY decided on names---
Crosby and Nora
(middle names are still in the works).
-by the way I'm constantly holding my back like this and I am an expert waddler-
We have been busy getting ready. We finally ordered car seats. When we brought these home Tyler and I didn't know whether to laugh or cry. Not because of the 2 babies but mostly because of the room we don't have for anything. It will be a full house. But how cute are those!?! Were excited.
I've also been going through bins and bins of baby clothes, which was quite overwhelming. We were very lucky to already have a boy and girl. I have washed and folded. I can't believe I've already filled up an entire dresser. Tonight I packed my hospital bag (think the twins are getting the hint yet), made sure the camera battery was charged, and had my mom book her flight out here. I think the only thing left to do is to re-arrange our bedroom to fit a pack-n-play. I am all about being ready, so I'm feeling better already.
And I just had to include this picture because it clearly shows how my kids could get away with murder these days. They know I can't move fast and I don't really have the energy to say no. So this is O eating her nutritious breakfast of chicken nuggets---hey don't judge!
So this is our update thus far. I say "bring on the babies".
I also want to thank all of those who have already sent adorable gifts, friends who have brought us meals, watched my kids and family who has committed to coming out to help. Tyler and I couldn't be more grateful.

24 comments:

K.E.N said...

I concur-BRING ON THOSE BABIES!

SewSara said...

awwwwwwwww i so wish i still lived there so i could meet the babies and help out!

you look great and i swear you don't look that big - i think i looked that big with just one baby! but i'm sure you feel much more uncomfortable.

yay for nora and crosby! :) can't wait to see them!

Ash and Joe said...

those names are so cute! i am so excited for you guys and can't wait to see those cutie pies! you are looking great too by the way.

StephenEmily Stacey said...

You look great Aimee. You really do. I'm all for getting the babies out - for both of us! I haven't packed my hospital bag yet, but I have a list. My guess is that you'll have those little ones before I have mine! Hang in there!

lauramarie said...

i'm a little jealous...cuz we almost have the same due date...but i just realized you will most likely be done weeks before me. so not fair! but hurray for you!!!!! i love those names too.

melanie33 said...

I have major anxiety just reading that. Good luck to you in these next few weeks. I hope they come all easy and peaceful like. And that they are chillest newborns ever!

Chelsey Robertson said...

Aimee, I think you look totally awesome. I really would never look at you and guess you were having twins. I hope these next couple weeks go quickly for you. Let us know if you need anything, we live close and would love to help!

Morgan said...

Adorable car seats!It's bittersweet seeing you do all this, cuz I remember it...and I am only pregnant with one baby, and I feel so...normal?!?!?
Anyway, his is gonna be great. Hang in there. Keep feedin Odee bug her nuggets. And I know I don't have to say it again, but I will...call when you need something. anything!

kristin wise said...

You do look darling! Not obscenely big at all. It will be so nice to get those babies out. Looks like you are all ready to bring those angels home. Love you.

danny.des.jack.nora said...

Seriously Aimee, you look great!!! We are excited for you guys! I LOVE the carseats, super cute. Let us know what we can do to help out.

the Reeder family said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
the Reeder family said...

I really don't want to hear about "how big" you are anymore! You look so great Aim! I can't wait for April 2nd to see you and Ty and your entire slew of children. Love you so much! Hang in there!

The Baldwin's said...

thank you thank you for posting this darling picture! i feel like an idiot that one of my great friends is having these sweet twinners and i know nothing about any of it, so i feel much better :) o's hair is SO SO long and darling and i couldn't be any happier for your soon to be family of 6 (whoa) :) sure miss you and love you!!

Unknown said...

oh girl! you got this. soooo dang close. no judging whatsoever! Bostyn ate marshmallow mateys every meal for the last few weeks I was pregos...so I know. I know you don't feel it, but you still look super cute. You don't look like you've gained any weight in your face at all, it's all in the belly area!! Props to you for being so on top of it...getting all your stuff washed and folded! You are awesome and I can help in anyway necessary if you need it, just give me a holla.

Amy Miller said...

Yea for twins! I'm so excited for you and I can't wait for some story swappin' with you on how to handle twins.... I am totally still working on that. I can't imagine how uncomfortable you are but it's much better the longer they stay in there! Here's to them coming pretty darn soon though! :)

Tamara Jacobs said...

oh aimee, you look sooo cute and i'm so excited for you!!!!
i LOVE the names, and i can't wait to meet them someday, whenever it may be:)
olivia is so cute and looks so big...i say keep the chicken nugget breakfasts goin!!!
good luck this next little while. you will do amazing, and those twins are two sweet and lucky little babies to have you for their mama.
love ya!!
xoxo
tam

Bree said...

I know it has been said like a million times but here is for one more...you look so cute! I am so excited to see Crosby and Nora. Let us know when it happens! Oh, and my kids still eat like crap even though I have been done with pregnancy for 4 months now!

Monica Lifferth said...

I think you are gorgeous. I know you don't feel it though. I too can't wait to meet the babes. Oh, and I love the names!

geeno said...

wow - you are so prepared and such a babelicious prego lady - what a darn fun update!

The Hills Family said...

I love the names Crosby and Nora! I can't believe they will be here so soon! Let me know if I can help you with Anything- Yeah for Twins!

Jill said...

love the names!! Good luck in the upcoming weeks:)
You look good as ever, wish we were around to help out though!

Heidi P said...

Am! You look beautiful! I saw those 2 carseats, and woh... Very cute, and a tiny bit overwhelming! :)

Love the names! I am thinking about you so much. Sending good energy to you and those babes.

Miss and love you. Take care. Cant wait to see them! XO

Tiffany said...

Oh Man Aimee- I feel for you. Only a girl who has been pregnant with twins knows exactly how you feel! You're almost there though! How exciting! Just think about how you will be able to BREATH after you give birth. That was the best feeling in the world! You look great! I'm so excited for you guys. Love the names too! :) My friend has a Norah- so cute.

Jamie said...

TWINS oh my gosh how fun!